Attend the FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) Iowa Regional
Combining the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology, the FIRST Robotics Competition Iowa Regional will bring together more than 60 FRC teams from the Midwest and around the world to compete in the University of Northern Iowa McLeod Center. Each high school team has had just 6 weeks to design, build, and program their robot to play this year’s game - FIRST Power Up. During each match, witness two brand-new alliances of 3 robots each face off against each other to the gather resources needed to fuel their airships and earn points to win the game.
Here is how YOU can get involved:
Families, Alumni, & the General Public
- Cheer on FRC teams during exciting matches in McLeod!
- Meet team members up close in their pits in the Dome!
- Root for your local FRC Team!
- Support STEM in Iowa!
- Be inspired by the innovation of our youth!
- Get in the spirit - Costumes are welcome!
Saturday is the perfect day for family participation in FRC. Concessions will be open from 12:30 to 4:30 pm on Saturday. Park in the West Dome or South Art parking lots. Parking is $5.00/car. Don't forget to take a tour of the pits (where the teams work on their robots) during your visit. If you can't make it Saturday, the event is open on Thursday from 8:30 am through 6:30 pm and on Friday from 8:00 am through 5:45 pm. Learn more about the FIRSTRobotics Competition Iowa Regional.
Saturday Schedule of Public Events
- 8:30 am - 9:00 am - Opening Ceremonies
- 9:00 am - 12:15 pm - Qualifying Matches
- 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm - Final Matches
- 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm - Award Ceremony